Here’s how we look at your wealth. The number one pillar in our investment philosophy is to focus on risk before focusing on return. Although no one can achieve satisfactory returns without taking risk, we must constantly balance that dynamic.
Risk can be defined in many ways – especially when it comes to personal finance. While market volatility is always present, for us, unacceptable risk is the chance of permanent loss – an investment that never recovers its value or a decision that causes irreversible damage.
We work with you to identify what jeopardizes your financial success, helping you understand and take measures to control these factors. Risk shouldn’t be eliminated – rather, an appropriate amount should be taken in consideration with each client’s situation.
Focus on what's important and within your control
paying attention to financial media
checking your portfolio every day
trading on tips or fads, chasing hot stocks
caring what your neighbor is doing
|Out of your control||
state of the economy
government policy / geo-political events
latest economic report (GDP, unemployment, etc.)
short-term market movements
what the pundits are saying
What makes Botel tick? Quite simply, three indisputable principles that define how we manage every relationship. Integrity. Independence. And an investment philosophy built on a legacy of trust and know-how. For over 30 years, these ideals have shaped the way we do business and the way we deliver our brand of objective advice.
- We put our client’s interests first.
- We have known many of our clients for over 25 years and take pride in earning their trust
- We tell our clients what we think, not what we think they want to hear.
- We eat our own cooking by investing our own money in the same investments as our clients.
- We assure our clients that if something were to happen to them, we will be there to do the right thing for their family.
- We avoid the institutional pressures to push products and generate revenue for the firm.
- We are client focused, not sales focused: if our roles were reversed, we would want our advisor to spend the majority of his time researching strategies and investments, not soliciting new business.
- We only get new clients from referrals, so our primary incentive is to do a good job for our existing clients.
- Each client relationship is important to us and will never be delegated to a junior person.
Based on over 50 years of collective investment experience, we focus on:
- Risk as well as reward
- Long-term value instead of short term trends
- Bottom up investing instead of economic forecasting
Our structure allows us to think independently and not be influenced by shorter-term trends or fads. This philosophy has served our clients well over the years.