We help you plan for every stage of your financial life.
- Wealth creation – investments, retirement accounts, debt management
- Wealth protection – insurance, trusts and estate planning, business succession
- Wealth distribution – retirement income, generational transfer, philanthropy
Asset allocation and investment selection
Asset allocation sets the framework for an investor’s portfolio. We work with you to determine a suitable asset allocation based on several factors, including:
- objectives of the account
- time horizon
- risk tolerance and capacity
Together, we develop a diversified portfolio allocated among equities, fixed-income and alternative asset classes.
In an evolving and unpredictable climate, we have to be adaptable. New investment tools and products are created almost daily...some are good, but many are best forgotten. That’s why we’re agnostic when it comes to your investment portfolio – building a plan that fits your goals. Whether it’s mutual funds, ETFs or some future vehicle, we insist that all of our money managers uphold certain rock-solid standards:
- Trustworthy – put your interests first
- Perceptive – understand the relationship between risk and reward
- Proven – a long-term record over multiple market cycles
Working in conjunction with your tax and legal advisors, we use a number of strategies to help ensure that you achieve the optimal after-tax return.
- Tax free bonds
- Tax loss harvesting
- Account placement (IRAs, Roth IRAs, 401(k)s, 529 plans, trusts, etc.)
- Advanced estate and wealth transfer strategies
Behavior and emotions
Managing client emotions is one of our most important and difficult challenges. Everyone is human – and when it comes to your own money, instincts and feelings don’t always make for rational financial decisions.
Sometimes, the right thing to do is the exact opposite of what our gut tells us. Over the course of a lifetime, there will be scary news (9/11, 2008 financial crisis), temptation (tech stocks in 1999 and real estate in 2006) and other economic forces. How you respond to these events goes a long way to determine your ultimate success.
Think of us as your sounding board – an objective, caring expert here to help you think before you react.